mikehacker.com is the personal website of michael hacker, an eagle scout, husband, camper, hacker, backpacker, woodworker, snowboarder, salesman, mechanic, marksman, businessman, artisan, pet owner, shoe repairman, and terrible bartender.
Personal Contact Information
The best way to contact me is via email at the address listed below. I use instant messenger
rarely, but if you know where to look you can find me on irc always. If your email message
experiences a delay, please feel free to send another message.
no website about hackers is complete without the definition. Taken directly from "The Jargon File".
hacker n. [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]
1. A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems
and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users,
who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.
2. One who programs enthusiastically (even obsessively) or who enjoys
programming rather than just theorizing about programming.
3. A person capable of appreciating hack value.
4. A person who is good at programming quickly.
5. An expert at a particular program, or one who frequently does work
using it or on it; as in `a Unix hacker'.
(Definitions 1-5 are correlated, and people who fit them congregate.)
6. An expert or enthusiast of any kind. One might be an astronomy
hacker, for example.
7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming
or circumventing limitations.
8. [deprecated] A malicious meddler who tries to discover sensitive
information by poking around. Hence `password hacker',
`network hacker'. **The correct term for this sense is cracker.**